17 May 2005

which r u?

I am growing painfully aware that there are 3 types of people (read "learners") in the U.S.: those who will be managers...those who will be managed...and those who want to be left alone by managers.

I am one of those who wants to be LEFT ALONE. I think I would make a bad manager at times, because I hate to see incompetent people employed for long periods of time. SO, if I discovered I had an incompetent working for me...I would get rid of them on-the-spot. But, then that would be grounds for a possible lawsuit, right?

2 comments:

malik m.l. williams said...

They can't sue if you document it and have grounds for the termination. But hell, Georgia's an at-will work state anyway. Fire 'em! LOL!!!

Seriously, i feel your frustration, baby. We gotta make our own way.

EJ Flavors said...

I second what Malik says. If you had it documented, then that's plenty of grounds for termination. But what do I know? I'm a consultant.